As part of our whole approach to good health, we promote wellbeing and social connectedness. Through a great community-wide collaboration, we coordinate a web of supports and services whether they be government, non-government, community or privately run. This approach sits at the heart of our approach to Ageing Well in Euroa.
Volunteers make a great deal of difference to what can be achieved in our community. Through the goodwill of many, volunteers offer their skills and share their experiences with others.
Whilst we work collaboratively with organisations such as Strathbogie Shire Council who offer a range of important community services, sometimes we directly auspice programs ourselves:
- Women of Euroa is an organised network that provides the opportunity for local women to learn, network, exchange ideas or just socialise over dinners held each quarter. Guest speakers provide interesting and informative talks and the dinners are advertised and promoted within the community with a strong support base. Bookings can be made via our main telephone number – 03 57950200
- The Senior Citizens Register is a free service initiated by the Victoria Police in conjunction with Euroa Health Inc. and is staffed by community volunteers. The volunteers make contact with registered clients via a phone call or for a social home visit (if requested) to ensure they are safe and well. Through the Register, the Euroa Police and Euroa Health are working to promote confidence, security and safety for clients who are living at home, often in isolation. To find out about this service, contact the Volunteer Co-ordinator at Euroa Health Inc.
- The Euroa MENS SHED commenced with the support and involvement of Euroa Health in 2009. The program relocated to the Ralston Pavilion at the Euroa Showgrounds and since that time, assisted by successful funding submissions and donations and support from the community, the Program has continued to develop. The program provides a venue for men to share their skills, learn new ones or just sit around and have a yarn.
Although no longer actively involved, Euroa Health can provide further information and contact details to anyone interested in this program.
A well-equipped gymnasium is located within the Hospital building. While available to staff, clients and members of the community, it is a requirement that users first be assessed by our Physiotherapist, and be current members of Euroa Health. A nominal fee of $2 is required for each visit. Various fitness programs run during the year. For further enquiries, contact 5795 0200
Gilburn Day Therapy
We offer a range of Home & Community Care Services including:
- Physiotherapy Services
- Planned Activity Groups
- Occupational Therapy Services
- Dementia Day Care Services
- Warm Water Assessment Program
Open 4 days per week, the service assists the frail aged to either maintain or recover the level of independence necessary to allow them to remain either at home in the community, or in low level residential care. Programs are tailored to meet individual client need and include regular review
Gilburn also offers allied health services along with a range of art, craft and cultural pursuits. We enjoy social media with some enthusiasts maintaining our own Facebook page. Regular outings, meals and bus trips to nearby destinations are part of the weekly timetable.
There are fees associated with each program. Please contact either Reception or the Program Co-ordinator to discuss (03) 5795 0200